I’m not sure you can have 2 of these award but I was nominated at the same time by 2 amazing bloggers so I will combine into one post!
Here are the rules:
– Publicly thank the person that nominated you.
– Tell 11 things about yourself.
– Answer the 11 questions asked of you, and, in turn, make 11 questions for your own 11 nominees.
– Link to those 11 nominees, and tell them about it at their blogs.
Thank you Dear Kitty! I really appreciate this nomination! Here is a link to her blog. Also thank you so much Antoinette from A Flower For Athena! Here is a link to Antoinette’s blog. Both are lovely bloggers so go check them out!
11 Facts about me:
1. I’m a natural blonde.
2. My eyesight is terrible! I can’t even see the massive ‘A’ at the opticians without my glasses/contacts!
3. If I have a turtle I’m going to call him Benjamin Linus (yes after the baddie in Lost). Perfect evil genius and turtle name.
4. I have 2 galah cockatoos: Nemo and Mr. Pickles.
5. Currently training to mentor victims of domestic violence (1 week left!).
6. I have a plastic tooth, well half a plastic tooth (yes really!).
7. I’m the oldest sibling.
8. And I only have one younger brother.
9. I ❤ Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.
10. The girl from ‘The Ring’ terrifies me!
11. My family are the most important thing to me. You should never take them for granted.
1. What made you want to start your blog?
I started reading a lot of blogs after I finished university. After applying for postgrad I found I had more time on my hands and decided to start blogging about my gap year adventures.
2. If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
I would probably be a Panda. They are the cutest and just get to sit and eat all day! Or a colourful tropical bird, you get to live somewhere warm and green and fly around!
3. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
I have a really old, massive, crusty hoodie from around 10 years ago that I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get rid of! I only wear it around the house though, don’t worry I do go out in it! Haha.
4. If there was a fire and you could only grab one thing what would it be?
My family, Nemo and Mr. P.
5. What is one thing you have always wanted to do but have been too afraid to try?
I don’t think there is anything. If I want to try something I usually just go for it!
6. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
Rude people – manners cost nothing.
7. What is your dream career?
I used to think working in clinical psychology but now I’m not too sure! I would like a career where I can genuinely help people.
8. What is your all time favourite book?
So hard to pick just one! Especially as I like so many different genres. The book I have read the most times is probably ‘Beyond the Deepwoods: Edge Chronicles’. My Aunt brought me the first one for my birthday in the early 2000’s (and all of the sequels for subsequent birthdays/christmases). AMAZING book which I have read about 4 times over the years and forced countless others to read! I just looked for it on Amazon and found they have re-released them all with new covers! Link here.
9. What is one picture that inspires you? Post it in your answer.
I love pictures of my family, they are a constant inspiration! Here is one of my favourites from about a year ago.
l-r: Dad, Mom, Brother, Me
10. What is your favorite thing to cook? Share the recipe with us PLEASE!! : P
Another really hard one! At the moment I am cooking A LOT of gnocchi so I will say that. Find a recipe on my blog here.
11. Who is your style icon?
I have so many! I love the quirky style of Zooey Dechanel. The vintage style and curves of Christina Hendricks and Dita Von Teese. Diane Kruger, Audery Tautou and Emma Stone always looks amazing. Then there are the classics such as Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly…. I also like to find inspiration from other bloggers, BurdaStyle, magazines, pinterest and in the street. I’m also sure there are more I have forgotten.
Dear Kitty’s 11 Questions:
1. Which is the first blog you ever read? Does it still exist?
It would probably have been a sewing blog linked to a BurdaStyle account as this is really where I found out about blogging (around 5-6 years ago).
2. Which type of computer did you use, the first time ever you used a computer?
It was my Dads ginormous Gateway desktop in the early 1990’s.
3. Which computer program was that?
Maybe Windows ’95? Or the program before that? (I’m not even sure what that was?…)
4. Which is your favourite computer game?
The Sims – no question. I am selling it on eBay soon as when I play it I am very unproductive!
5. Which is your favourite computer program?
I use Mac now and my most used programs would probably be Pages, iPhoto. Keynotes and iTunes.
6. Which is your favourite photo subject?
I love taking all kinds of photos: nature, scenery/landscapes, architecture, portraits, food, etc. I’m not sure I could pick a favourite as I love the variety and I am constantly learning as a self taught amateur photographer!
My favourite category of photos to look at are probably nature.
7. Which city, province, state or country where you have never been to would you like to visit? Why?
There are so many places I would like to visit! One place I have been fascinated by since my childhood is Easter Island so I’m going to say there.
8. Is there any city, province, state or country in which you would never want to live? If so, which one? Why?
Probably somewhere like Alaska or Russia where it gets to crazy minus zero degrees! I couldn’t handle the intense cold!
9. What is/was your favourite subject at school?
School seems so long ago now! Haha. I used to enjoy math and science most, yes I was/still am a geek 😉
10. What is your favourite painting?
I’m going to have to go with one of my brothers paintings.
11. What is your favourite sculpture?
When my boyfriend and I went to Italy we visited a concentration camp (the only one in Italy). They had a beautiful memorial sculpture for all of those who lost their lives. It is a harrowing place with such a sad atmosphere, the things that happened there are unthinkable. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the Trieste area.
1. What is your favourite colour? Why?
2. Where is your favourite place in the world? Why?
3. What is your first memory that you can remember?
4. If you had to live on one food for the rest of your life what would you choose?
5. Do you have any pets? What are their names? Can we see a picture?
6. Has a movie ever made a massive impact on your life? Why?
7. What are your hobbies?
8. What is your favourite holiday so far? And where is your dream destination?
9. How would you describe your style? And who’s style do you love?
10. Describe yourself in one word.
11. What is your favourite feature on yourself?
Again, thank you Antoinette and Dear Kitty!
Love Lou xoxox